Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Three Kinds of Flower

Last weekend I shot a bouquet of flowers I'd purchased for my wife on our anniversary. (Three years last Friday. Yes, thank you, thank you.) While processing the following image I was playing with the individual color curves, trying to get smooth, deeper contrast (red curve in particular) when I thought it might make a nice B&W or Sepia.

So I killed the color and continued to play with all the color curves ending up with this Sepia version. This is a rare thing for me but once in a while tonal gradients will get my motor running.

Which leads me to the final image in this story. When I got done with the Sepia I turned the color back on just to see where I'd ended up, and had this crazy cross processed looking image. Of all of them, this one really brings out the depth I was looking for.

At this point I'm not sure which one I like best. I've printed them all.